COVID-19 Meeting Update
COVID-19 Update as of 10/3/2022
The Indoor Air Quality Association will continue to closely monitor the coronavirus pandemic. The health, safety and well-being of the IAQA community is our highest priority. We look forward to gathering with you in February and we are relying on attendees to help ensure our professional values of health and safety are implemented at the highest level. We know that our members are eager to once again convene with fellow indoor air quality professionals to connect and learn from one another.
By registering for the IAQA 2023 Annual Meeting & Expo, attendees agree to adhere to current CDC guidelines and IAQA's COVID-19 protocols. As such, we have updated our requirements for participating as follows:
- Masking: Masking is optional for all attendees. Please be respectful of your fellow attendees choices.
- Personal responsibility: Attendees should refrain from participation if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. This includes fever and other flu-like symptoms, coughing or shortness of breath, and the inability to taste or smell. Once onsite, if you are symptomatic or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please get a test and contact IAQA if it is positive.
- Testing center locations: Please check directly with the Austin Marriott Downtown.
- Capacity: We are proceeding with the conference, as neither the state of Texas nor the CDC have issued stay-at-home/lockdown or reduced capacity recommendations.
- Attendees should closely monitor all travel alerts issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Attendees are encouraged to monitor the CDC website for additional information, and review and follow the WHO’s Travel Advice, as well as its recommendations for protecting themselves from an infection.
- Attendees should check their individual airlines for specific cancellation / refund policies. IAQA will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees should you be unable to attend for any reason.
- All attendees should check themselves for symptoms before starting travel.
IAQA is committed to implementing conscious and intentional processes to promote healthy best practices within our meeting environment.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the conference and common areas.
- Food and beverage activities will also be provided in a safe manner to minimize contact.
We have your safety in mind at all times. Our in-person experience is a conference with multiple safety measures in place as per state, regional, and local guidelines, and adhere to CDC guidelines.