IAQA Emerging Professional Scholarship Fund
The Indoor Air Quality Association’s Emerging Professional Scholarship Fund was created to offer early career professionals the opportunity to further develop their understanding and expertise within the IAQ field.
For the 2023 program, we are pleased to offer the following:
IAQA 2023 Annual Meeting & Expo Travel Award & IAQA University Award
One candidate will receive a $2,000 travel stipend award for hotel, airfare, miscellaneous expenses as well as a complimentary registration for the IAQA 2023 Annual Meeting & Expo and the 50- course bundle
IAQA University Award
Two candidates will receive the 50- course bundle for IAQA University featuring all four S.M.A.R.T. Education Courses/Badges –value up to $3250 (access for a period of 18 months)
• Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year but less than 5 years of verifiable experience in an IAQA related field.
• Completion of application process.
• If applying for the Annual Meeting award, must be able and willing to attend the IAQA 2023 Annual Meeting & Expo, February 19-22, 2023 in Austin, Texas.
• If selected as a winner, agree to be acknowledged at the Annual Meeting, in print and other media including use of photo/image as well as testimonials.
How to Apply
The application is available online. In addition to a brief application requesting answers to a few questions, applicants will need to provide two emails or letters of recommendation. There is an option at the end of the application to upload these two documents.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 31, 2022
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Demonstration of need (financial, public need, professional development, etc.)
- Work experience
- Description of career goals
- Location within an underserved or high-risk market (non-US candidates encouraged to apply)
- Reference letters/emails
- Additional consideration given to IAQA members
The IAQA Scholarship Task Force will select the scholarship winner based on blind submissions subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. No member of the IAQA Scholarship Task Force, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for scholarship funds during his or her tenure on the Scholarship Task Force. No current Board of Directors Members, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for scholarship funds during his or her tenure on the Board of Directors. The IAQA Scholarship Task Force retains the right to withhold scholarships in any year if no candidate is determined qualified.
The scholarship winner(s) will be introduced and/or acknowledged at the IAQA Annual Meeting & Expo and in appropriate association communications.
Questions? If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.